[Wine] Getting a proprietary Win32 application running on Wine

RUMI Szabolcs rumi_ml at rtfm.hu
Sun Apr 5 15:32:25 CDT 2009

Hello!

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:08:59 -0700
James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > Nice idea! I've done the above and then written explicit hosts
> > entries both into the winetricks hosts file and into the Linux
> > /etc/hosts file for the database server. Jet Engine also
> > installed successfully, but the program still doesn't work.
> > The same error dialog appears as before:
> >
> > OLE Error 80004005
> > Cannot connect to database
> >
> Sorry for the rather late reply, but is the database using Windows
> Authentication?

Well, I don't know... How can I tell?

I've sniffed on the network with tcpdump and there was some traffic
back and forth between the client and the SQL server but that's all
I know. I'm not much into Microsoft solutions, I'm using OSS for
everything whenever possible, Linux on the desktop, etc...

Thanks,

Sab