[Wine] Re: Wine on Ubuntu 8.04 FreeNX with Mac OS X 10.3 NX client

optimaco wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 6 13:37:54 CDT 2009

> If the users share a common machine, you can adjust
> /usr/share/wine/tools/wine.inf to have that registry entry.

We do have a common machine shared by all users, as this is a centralized Linux (virtual) desktop server based on FreeNX server, for ease of maintenance and client OS independence.
I edited /usr/share/wine/wine.inf and added the following in the [Misc] section:

Code:
HKCU,Software\Wine\X11 Driver,"ClientSideWithRender",,"N"

Now any user (even newly created) automatically gets the key entry in the Wine registry upon login.

Thanks to all of you for your invaluable help. Nothing beats the power of the open source community !