[Wine] Stronghold 2 Problems

jj wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 10 11:35:04 CDT 2009

Has anyone managed to get Stronghold 2 working with wine post 1.0? I'm sure I've managed to play it before on earlier versions of wine but I have tried with version 1.01 and 1.1.18 but can't play it.

Using versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 of Stronghold 2, the game crashes after a few seconds of game play.

Using versions 1.3.1, 1.4 and 1.4.1 I can't run the game without installing directx 9 with winetricks. However the graphics are glitchy, there are lots of black areas on the landscape and it's not very playable.

I'm on Jaunty with nVidia 180.44 drivers.

Thanks for any help.