[Wine] Trying to Run UnRealWorld through Wine

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:10:12 CDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Olthadir <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> DaVince wrote:
>> Bah, stubs are still spewed out by virtually any program run through Wine. Ignore 'em unless you have problems (and if you do, look for errors before stubs/fixme's). :)
>

> Well, the problem was Wine wasn't letting the program run because of the stubs... Don't ask me why! The only way to get around it was to actually run the program through the terminal instead of the GUI.

That doesn't make sense...Wine won't stop you because of the stubs,
and the terminal vs. gui shouldn't make a difference.

What LIKELY happened is when you ran from terminal, you cd'ed to the
directory first, which the program requires. If that's the case,
adjust your gui shortcut to set it current working directory to the
application directory.

--
-Austin