[Wine] Re: linux mint

clpo13 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 10 14:55:15 CDT 2009

It's some weird problem with the way Blizzard's user agreement is coded. What you need to do is install IEs4Linux so you have browser support in Wine.

Go to Synaptic and make sure you have the latest versions of wine and cabextract installed.

Then, open up a terminal and type the following:

Code:

wget http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/downloads/ies4linux-latest.tar.gz
tar -zxvf ies4linux-latest.tar.gz
cd ies4linux-*
./ies4linux

It will bring up the IEs4Linux install page where you can select what versions of IE to install. Just go with 6 unless you want to mess around with the earlier versions. Click OK and it should install. If you have problems getting it to install, try running the last command above as root (
Code:
sudo ./ies4linux

). It'll give you a warning, but I think you can safely ignore it. I couldn't install it unless I ran it as root.

After IEs4Linux is installed, start up the WoW installer. It might tell you the Gecko rendering engine needs to be updated. If so, go ahead and update it. After that, you should be able to click Accept at the EULA page.