[Wine] Images not show (or flickering) in old app

sciurius wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 11 17:39:06 CDT 2009

I have purchased a simple windows program that is intended for the training of people handicapped with afasia. I need it for my wife, who suffered a stroke recently and she needs this program as part of her rehabilitation programme. We don't run windows, so I tried it using Wine.

The program is written in (some) BASIC and runs on anything from Windows98 and higher. It runs nicely with Wine, except for one thing: The program displays images and these are most of the time not visible, or flicker quickly before disappearing.

I've tried to use native (win98) versions of many DLLs, but that did not help.
I'm new to Wine, and any help would be appreciated, also on behalve of my wife.
I cannot share the program, but if anyone want to team up with me to sort this out I could make a copy available.

Platform info: Wine 1.1.15 on Fedora 10.