[Wine] No wine-pthread in 1.1.19 ?

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Wed Apr 15 02:49:18 CDT 2009

"fcmartins" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> vitamin wrote:
> > Processes don't use CPU, threads do.
> >
> > Process is just resource - memory, handles, etc. Thread is what
> > actually being executed on a CPU. Each process has at least one
> > thread.
>
> This might be true in some specific multithreading implementation
> you might have in mind, but it's not true in general ...

I suspect vitamin was giving you the Windows definitions, since
that is what Windows apps expect and thus what Wine must provide
(or, at least, appear to).

The notion of a process being a resource container does not sound
all that Unix/Linux-ish to me, either, but I would not be at all
surprised to find it considered standard terminology in Windows.