[Wine] DOS application won't load.

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 18:13:59 CDT 2009

> What do you mean run it from the terminal?
>
> I don't quite understand what you mean.

The command shell.

Go to your window manager and open the application called Terminal or
Konsole. Then use the same command you would have done on a dos system
to change to the folder that you installed your application in,
however instead of \ use /

cd  ~/.wine/drive_c

first and you will be in your wine C: drive

Then change to the location of your executable. And run the
application directly.

Although as vitamin said this probably will not work because the dos
application support in wine is very limited.

I recommend trying your application under dosbox if this does not work.

John