[Wine] Regression testing - compilation error after second bisect

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 01:27:44 CDT 2009

2009/4/18 vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> James Huk wrote:
> > Can I somehow- using git - fetch all patches from date x, for custom dll?
>
> That's exactly what git does. You literally cloning the entire repository
> all patches since day 1.
>

> James Huk wrote:
> > I mean can I get all patches from wine-0.9.15 onward for dsound.dll? If
> so, will I be able to apply them for wine-0.9.15 source?
>
> No. There were lots of wholesale changes in Wine source tree. You can't
> backport big changes to each individual dll, especially if it relies on lots
> of other things.

I see. I tried again with:

git bisect start
git bisect good wine-0.9.15
git bisect bad

and... well:

1st compilation successful - bug present
2nd compilation successful - bug present
3th compilation successful - well now even winecfg doesn't want to start –
some kind of “can't create window” error (sorry I didn't write it down). Now
I tried again with git bisect bad and recompilation – but wine was never
able to create window. Few compilations later it failed to compile at all.

My questions are:

1.Is there a way to compile and test wine using above git bisect?
2.If I found regression between 0.9.15 and 0.9.16 – should I report it at
all? This is after all very old wine version...

Thank You