[Wine] Darwine, OS X 10.5.2, Apple TV and Sky Player

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 22 14:05:18 CDT 2009

"@lex" <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
>Sent: Apr 22, 2009 11:44 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Re: Darwine, OS X 10.5.2, Apple TV and Sky Player
>
>@vitamin - unfortunately James is right - Sky only supports wmp11 and its special DRM stuff - so running wmp11 is essential ...
>
>right well - i suppose i have to start from scratch again ? :( I could just copy those .dlls back (as i have backups) and go back to the error rpcrt4.dll is causing ...
>
>anyone maybe have a 'to do' list to get .net 2, wmp11, ie6, rpc working on wine-1.1.19 ?

.NET 2.0 works on Wine.  It depends on the program as to how well.
WMP 11 will never work on Wine unless we duplicate exactly one of the available Windows products.  Then the lawsuits will start flying...
IE6 will work on Wine using winetricks.  Most programs will accept Gecko with the work around in Winetricks to set a couple of registry settings.
RPC is a work in progress.  It is also one of the most messy protocols out there.

>thanks ! helps' much appreciated and am sure there loooaaaddssss of people waiting for a working
>solution and get sky player running ....

Don't know about that statement.  You are the first to ask for assistance.  You may have to go to the Applications Database and find out what was done to get this working under Linux.

James McKenzie