[Wine] First time wine-user with some problems!

fadedblue wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 23 01:13:22 CDT 2009

Hello!

Okay, I've never used Wine before so I apologize upfront for being such a noob :) but I'd appreciate some help if you can offer it!

I work on a MacBook Pro and recently downloaded Darwine for a Windows application I need to install for a part-time job. The program is Tunnelier and from what I can see online, others have been able to use it successful in Wine but when I try to open the application in Darwine, it won't even install. Instead it shows this error in the log:

Code:
ࠀfixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
Missing '-installDir' parameter.

This program will install Bitvise Tunnelier 4.28
on the machine it is being run on.

Tunnelier is an SSH2 client for Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003.
For more information, please visit www.Tunnelier.com.

If this program is run without command line options, installation
will be performed in interactive mode. If run with command line
options, installation will be performed in unattended mode.

Usage (unattended mode only):
 TunnelierInstaller -installDir=directory
                    [-acceptEULA] [-force] [-noRollback]
                    [-installForMeOnly] [-noDesktopIcon]

And then it cancels the process. So...any idea what kind of problem I'm having here and how I can work around it to install the program? Thank you SO much in advance for your help!