[Wine] First application in Wine

Gian-Piero wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 23 02:41:11 CDT 2009

I have installed Wine 1.1.9 on a PC running openSUSE 11.1. Apparently, all seems ok, I can run winefile, regedit, winecfg. I have installed an application which makes use of an USB port. The installation was ok. When I run this application, I get the following message:

fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationA (hwnd=0x1002a, filter=0xa0fc64,flags=0x00000000),
        returns a fake device notification handle!

As I am new to wine, I do not know how to fix this problem.Any help would be greatly appreciated.