[Wine] Opening/associating help files with native viewer, Mac OS X

smilerJerg wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 23 03:13:31 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm running the latest version of Wine for Mac OS X and I'd like to have help files open automatically with my native CHM viewer, iChm.

The command to open files from the OS X command line is pretty simple, and works fine for me. I tried to follow the steps on the FAQ under 'I want to associate some Linux program with a file type in Wine (http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-e03d797155ac6e9d8176f045acbdeebc28ad33d4)', but it doesn't seem to have affected things under Wine, though this is tricky to test.

I've been running a CAD app which has built-in support for running under Wine. Selecting its help option says 'Unable to launch Xchm', so I wonder if I need to create some sort of alias for this. Would I just put this in /bin?