[Wine] First application in Wine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 23 14:01:31 CDT 2009

vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> on April 23rd wrote:

>Gian-Piero wrote:
>> I have installed an application which makes use of an USB port.
>
>Wine currently does not support apps talking to USB devices.

Would the hacked version of Wine with USB support assist this person to get this device working?

>The only exception is the USB->serial devices that Wine can with with as a serial device. However
>this might or might not work for you. You need some missing registry entries, and the code doesn't
>communicate well with all programs / drivers.

I'm wondering if the device has Linux drivers that would make it appear to be a removable storage device.  If that is true, then the old map device in Linux and then map the device to a drive in Wine may work as well.

Since I don't have answers to these questions I'm not certain if this effort is not worth persuing further.

James McKenzie