[Wine] Wine 1.1.19 fonts problems

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 24 13:13:11 CDT 2009

Daemon <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on Apr 24th:

>proveyourselfthom wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've installed wine 1.1.19 (devel version, with ./configure, make depend && make, make install) >>and the fonts are weird.
>

>  It's a classic problem. The Appdb page might provide some ideas/fixes for the text and fonts
>until Valve releases a linux steam client sometime in the latter half this century.:)

I'm assuming this was supposed to be in good humor.  There are others here that don't have such a thing as a sense of humor or it is on vacation.

One thing is that the fonts included with Wine do look bad.  Is there an effort to improve the appearance of them, aside from recommending the standard winetricks corefonts installation step?

I suspect with the recent changes to MS's EULA, which is legally binding in the United States and in other places, that this method will soon become illegal and possibly impossible.  Witness WMP11 and other recently released programs from this company.

James McKenzie