[Wine] How do I use the developers version of Wine 1.1.20?

jasonmh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 25 02:27:39 CDT 2009

I'm still not sure how I did it, but I managed to use the link http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine for the latest development version, and even installed git (blind man navigating New York City streets). So now all I have to do is
Code:
git fetch ; git rebase origin

 to stay up to date. My question is how do I run programs with it? When I do the normal
Code:
wine setup.exe

 for example, it says that I don't have Wine installed.

The reason I'm trying to do this is because the Wine in the repository won't even install Warhammer or EQ2 (for example), and the steps to install Wine manually get about as far as uncompressing the thing to my computer. lol I sure wish I knew what voodoo your clever Linux users were using to get this program to work right. I had thought I understood computers pretty well until I installed Jaunty Jackalope and tried using Wine  [Embarassed]  [Shocked]