[Wine] Re: Darwine: Running an SDL game

motorollin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 25 03:06:53 CDT 2009

James McKenzie wrote:

> As Ryan stated, you have to follow the instructions.

The only instructions I can find are the README in wine-1.1.19. This basically states that you have to run tools/wineinstall, and that you need XCode >= 2.4 to compile properly on a Mac. I have done all this but it still doesn't work. Are there some more instructions I should be looking at? I'm still confused about the business of linking to XQuartz. Do I need to tell it to do that, or will it happen automatically?

Is that from http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/ ? All I can find there is binaries.

James McKenzie wrote:

> There are several fixes out
> for video problems on the Mac with Wine.

Again, I have no idea how these should be incorporated in to a build of Wine.

James McKenzie wrote:

> One suggestion, can you try using CrossOver Office for Mac with this
> game?  I found that dOOm would not runn very well on CrossOver Game for
> the Mac 7.1.

I have tried the latest versions of Crossover Mac and Crossover Games but both have the same problem.