[Wine] How to remove dangling menu items

bg3075 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 25 21:58:53 CDT 2009

I tried to test Wine for the first time, installing the only application that I already had an executable for, an old version of Seamonkey web browser.  It installed ok, but when uninstalled, through wine, had some issues...first the unistall option did not appear in wine, but fixed that.  Finally, when uninstalled Seamonkey, it left a second wine menu item in Gnome Applications menu.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled wine several times.  Even tried the instructions in the FAQ, "How do I uninstall wine", at http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-2e99ab665e3b15d1880eff2bcbb640b2d5839586.  This somehow corrupted my kernel, but it seems to have been restored since.  Nothing I do will get rid of the two Wine menu items.  Help?