[Wine] City of Heroes not working anymore

wootcat wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 26 15:56:10 CDT 2009

This problem actually started a while ago...took me some time to get around to looking for a solution. I was hoping either the new Wine version or new Ubuntu might fix things, but they didn't.

I have been running City fine in the past, but now I can no longer get it to load.

When I launch the program, I get the Updater screen where it checks for/downloads the updates and apparently applies them just fine. Clicking on NEXT-> works to get me to the License agreement screen. At this point, the area of the screen showing the license is white and clicking on the "I Agree" button does nothing.

That's as far as I get.

I'm an Ubuntu newbie. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!