[Wine] Wine and /home partition woes on Gentoo/amd64

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Apr 27 10:31:31 CDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 10:00 -0500, Itzamna wrote:
> I figure it has to have something to do with permissions, as somehow
> the program can't write to my /home partition. I fiddled around
> with /etc/fstab and octal permissions all day, to no avail. This is my
> current configuration:

Actually, you haven't posted the permissions for /home, which of course
would be the output from 'ls -l /home', but its possible you've managed
to run out of room in a partition. The best way to see that is by
running:

	df -h

FWIW Fedora distros run this as part of the overnight logwatch report -
I'd imagine Gentoo does something similar. If you don't want to login as
root every day to read the system mail messages you can redirect the,m
to your usual mail account. Add the redirect by editing /etc/aliases and
then run 'newaliases' to update the aliases database. 'man aliases'
describes the file format and how its used.

Martin