[Wine] [Oblivion] broken Menu Fonts

Dark Mayu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 29 07:22:14 CDT 2009

Hi there dear Wine fanatics^^

I recently moved to Linux(kubuntu 8.10) and am using Wine for playing now. Everything works really well thanks to my tweaking. There is however one bug I couldn't solve myself, that are the fonts in Oblivion:
[Image: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2084/bugk.jpg ]
As you can see, I ran Oblivion in a virtual Desktop, the menu has some broken colours on its borders, but that is not serious. The big Problem are the letters! You cannot read anything. I changed several settings:

Code:
bDoImageSpaceEffects=0

Code:
bUseRefractionShader=0

e.g. remove the fonts completely. Registry settings like fbo, pbuffer and backbuffer also do not have any effect. Bloom and HDR are also working perfectly, but the fonts stay the same: unreadable. I checked the appDB and google but wasn't lucky, could somebody please help me on this?