[Wine] Re: Wine and /home partition woes on Gentoo/amd64

Itzamna wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 29 09:46:41 CDT 2009

I have spent hours looking for a solution through fixing the Nautilus file access bug, but I ended up devising a workaround.

If, for example, I want to run Neverwinter Nights II in the ~/games/nwn2/ directory, I simply copy the required DLLs into the directory and set the WINEPREFIX environment variable for that particular Wine session:

Code:
WINEPREFIX=~/games/nwn2/ wine nwn2.exe

Of course, don't forget adding DLL overrides with the correct environment variable:

Code:
WINEPREFIX=~/games/nwn2/ winecfg

Problem solved. :) I hope this is of use to anyone.