[Wine] Re: error in FAQ

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 30 08:00:08 CDT 2009

frank wrote:
> occhigrigi wrote:
>
> > Excuse me, i don't understand
> > Try with winefile, browse to z:\usr\bin, launch an application, it starts !!
> >
> > Winefile is a wine application, tried with another, windows only, file manager, cubic explorer ... Browsed to z:\usr\bin, double clicked on a linux executable, it starts normally.
> >

> Please try the following: browse in Wine to /bin/nano and start it.

Nano is located in /usr/bin on my system, but it starts up just fine when I double click it in winefile. So does Open Office. I also tested Vi, which is in /bin, and that worked too.

Now, what doesn't work is launching a program from the two apps you linked to. You need to file bugs for those apps. And lose the attitude.