[Wine] Re: New to Wine on a Mac, Please Help

MacUser1985 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 30 16:24:02 CDT 2009

> Is the editor available on-line? I would like to install/test it to see
> if the bug will go away with the next version of XQuartz.

http://files.wz2100.net/tools/BetaWorldEditor32.exe

Note that if you attempt to use it- you may want to see this tutorial:
http://docs.wz2100.net/map%20tutorials/WorldEditor32bitBeta/index.html
Particularly when you first load it, it asks you to set some directories:
http://docs.wz2100.net/map%20tutorials/WorldEditor32bitBeta/new%20world%20editor%20tutorial.jpg

The game is open source now: http://wz2100.net/
For anyone interested - its a pretty cool project - soon to have a graphics update using higher poly models and high res textures...

But this is really more about a learning experience for me.

> Your display, if you are running a MacBookPro, should already be setup
> to support 32 bit video depth. You did not state which Mac you are
> running on.
>
> Can you provide the following:
>
> Open About this Mac from the Apple menu and tell us which version of
> MacOSX you are using? The click on the More Info... button and then
> click on the Graphics/Display item under Hardware and tell us which
> video card you are using, the size and color depth of the display you
> are using?

I am using an iMac desktop 2.4 GHz core 2 duo, Mac OSX version 10.5.6

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro:

  Chipset Model:	ATI,RadeonHD2600
  Type:	Display
  Bus:	PCIe