[Wine] Wine on MacBook - Linux and OS X problems

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 30 21:51:27 CDT 2009

motorollin wrote:
> Exactly. To test the theory, I tried exactly the same procedure on a MacBook Air with a different model Intel GMA graphics card and had exactly the same problem. I'm trying to borrow a Mac Mini with a Radeon to test with that, in case the Intel cards in the MacBooks are too similar and hence have exactly the same problem.

Intel has very poor drivers and they do not give anywhere near
acceptable game quality video.  Their Linux drivers are poor, at best.
I think that Parallels is masking this problem.

The video card in my MacBookPro is an ATI Radeon X1600, which is a very
good card for MacOSX but not so for Linux.

James McKenzie