[Wine] wine-1.1.23 & e-Sword

Willis Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 1 08:00:26 CDT 2009

I want to say thanks for the information that I was given on my last
        post.  Using the help of those gentlemen I now Have wine-1.1.26
        and the
        basic e-Sword module 9.03 installs from the eswordinstaller and
        the KJV
        is there.  However, each time I attempt to install another
        Bible,
        Dictionary oranything else I'm informed that I need to be
        running
        wine-1.1.23.

        I have downloaded the deb pkg for 1.1.23 and I have uninstalled
        v.1.1.26
        and in the Software Sources I tried disabling the wine source
        but when I
        try to use debbie to install it I'm informed that the
        dependencies
        cannot be satisfied because of libasound2 but in Synaptic I find
        libasound2  v.1.0.15-3ubuntu4 is installed.

        I have reinstalled the latest version until somebody a lo
        smarter than I
        can tell how to roll back to v. 1.1.23.

        I thank-you folks for your patients and for your guidance.  When
        the
        world awakens Windoze will die on the shelf.