[Wine] IE7 issue with a game

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 2 01:09:25 CDT 2009

Not sure anyone will have an answer to this... but might as well ask

I'm working with a beta version of a game and under NDA (and its not in the appdb)... but IE is required for logging in and patching... I'm wondering if this is a known issue with other games... Have to use IE7 installed, as IE6 had rendering issues, that IE7 didn't, and the game directly calls IE

version of Wine i've tested with
1.1.18
1.1.21
1.1.24
1.1.25
1.1.26

on the IE load page on 18 and 21 it runs fine, but on 24 through 26 that same load page just flashes up the screen for a second, then switches to... "this page cannot be displayed, make sure your connected to the internet... blah blah.."

was just wondering if there was some major change in something that would effect IE... its weird cuz I cannot reproduce the problem just running IE7 straight.. it works in every version, its only when the game calls it to show a log in that it messes up on the newer versions of Wine.

not sure what log info to give that might be helpful, not much of a wine expert.