[Wine] Help fixing fixme:d3d9:Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub

bobfishel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 2 15:17:34 CDT 2009

I'm trying to get Runes of Magic working with WINE 1.1.25 (.26 is supposed to have problems but supposedly this works in 1.1.25)

I have an ATI card with the FGLRX driver and I'm getting this error
fixme:d3d9:Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub

when loading the game.

The game loads and has a black screen only, but I can hear sound. I've tried playing around with all the video settins in wine (turning off hardware accel etc...) and nothing has worked. I've also used winetricks to install the dxd3 (I think that's what's it's called i'm new to Ubuntu) to see if that made a difference, it didn't.

If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

-Bob