[Wine] Re: Program runs in Xfce, but not KDE?

aarons6 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 2 20:25:09 CDT 2009

David Gerard wrote:
> 2009/8/2 aarons6 <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
>

> > it seems if i use the desktop shortcut.
> > env WINEPREFIX=/home/aaron/.wine/ wine C:\Program Files\EA Games\UOKR\UOKR.exe
> > it crashes in a few minutes..
> > but, if i open a term, go to the UOKR folder, and type in
> > wine UOKR.exe
> > it will run for several hours without crashing..
> > any ideas?
> >

> Is this X crashing completely, or just the UOKR program crashing?
>
> Getting the log may be useful, to see what it does when it crashes:
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-13df66c18b6efa2231f44e11d1e31a1479c880f5
>
> Weird problem :-) No doubt it will have an interesting solution ...
>

> - d.

this is my problem, i tried to get a log, but when i run it via command in the term the program never crashed lol.

i think it might be something to do with kde and the desktop shortcuts.
the shortcut is the same, it was created by wine durring install.

i never had a problem with this program for months untill i switched from xfce to kde.