[Wine] Re: Civilization 4, Beyond the Sword crashes with "Out of m

joober wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 3 00:19:31 CDT 2009

DL wrote:
> Upgrade wine to 1.1.26.There were a few memory bugs that were fixed in 1.1.25, and they are most likely the problem.

Thank you DL!
I am now on wine 1.1.26, and this has freed me from this problem. Civilization 4 once again runs very smoothly and I have managed to play for well over an hour yesterday, where before, I could barely play for 5 minutes.

Incidentally, I tried it later with desktop effects enabled (I know, pushing my luck...), and it appears very stable then too.

Thanks again!