[Wine] WoW: Low FPS

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 06:21:21 CDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM, McKinnon <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> as far as I can tell, I've only played 10 minutes with the terrible fps,
> but it just stays slow, no crash or corruptions.
>
> something else I've noticed is if I close it and go back in within like 5
> minutes, the game is still slow. but if I wait a while, it plays good again.
>

> What are you video settings at inside WoW?  Is the 20 FPS in dalaran or
elsewhere?  Open nvidia-settings and go to OpelGL (something) and look at
the slider is it on quality or performance?  Multisampling at 1?

I had the same specs you had and had to run low settings with that graphics
card, got same FPS's in windows as in Linux tho so stuck with linux.  I
recently just got a laptop with the 260m gtx in it, and on max settings, 4x
multisampling, i'm getting like 50fps (and 30 in dalaran), but the drivers
are beta and once in awhile give me issue.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell