[Wine] X11 theme cursors

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 06:28:51 CDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 4:08 PM, JuryS <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> If anybody know HOW I can use the X11 cursor theme in Wine?
>

> Yes search the Ubuntu Forums for OpenGL HW cursor, hang on i have it
bookmarked:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1051483&page=2

If you left handed use the one posted by SKLP, if your right isit (at least
for me being right handed I had to use isit's since the one from SKLP used
an arrow that points to the right instead of the standard poiting to the
left).

So basically you have to compile wine yourself, but I use this for a
"hardware" cursor in WoW.  Works very well.  You'll have your X11 cursor
theme semelessly.

If you need instructions on how to compile it, and also hide WoW's software
hand (when you mouse over an interactive item those cursors still show under
the X11 cursor) check out:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7643957&postcount=82

However, I don't use his patch and or custom cursor.  I do use his mpq file
for wow tho to hide the hand. Not that you asked for WoW specifically, just
thought I would post all that.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell