[Wine] Nothing loads in wine?

McJugga wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 3 18:42:01 CDT 2009

I thought that I would be able to use Wine to play TF2 in Fedora 11, so I used this guide to install steam:
http://fedorasolved.org/gaming-solutions/installing-steam-using-wine

Steam appeared to be working fine, so I downloaded some games (TF2 and CS:S),
When they were done downloading, I tried to play one, and the "Preparing to launch TF2" box came up. So I waited for a few seconds and then it just went away. No game opened up at all.

I then tried installing Age of Empires II. I could get in the game menu, but as soon as I tried to actually start a game, it crashed.

Then I realized I had no graphics driver installed.  :x
So I installed the driver, restarted my computer, and tried running a game.
I opened up steam, and tried to play TF2, but the moment I double-clicked on it, all of steam just disappeared.
Same thing happens with TF2.

I then tried Age of Empires II, but when I try to open the game, nothing happens at all =[

Any ways, I was wondering what my next step should be.

By the way, I have wine version 1.1.23 and am using Fedora.