[Wine] Trouble running Civilization IV on a MAC OS

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 4 14:00:09 CDT 2009

>I have a problem running the game... I've tried installing it twice now and it still doesn't run. The Icon briefly
>opens on the Dock and the disappears in a few seconds. Also, when I try running the
>command "civilization4.exe" it doesn't run and no error appears on the screen. It simply reads: '

>Command results
>
>The command "/Users/adrianfurlan/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/CIV/drive_c/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Civilization4.exe" returned 1.

Looks like you are trying to use Crossover 4 Mac without running the Crossover interface.

1.  CodeWeavers does not support this.
2.  Crossover has its own support forums and support channels on the CodeWeavers site.

If you are trying to use Wine with the Crossover product, that is also not supported.

James McKenzie