[Wine] Re: update wine

potatman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 5 16:24:49 CDT 2009

The simplest way would be to add the Launchpad PPA for the Wine Team to your software sources.  This will allow Synaptic to access a repository with much more up-to-date versions of Wine then the default repositories.  There are complete instructions for how to do so in the following link:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa

This is a easy way for casual Wine users under Ubuntu to stay updated, but developers and hardcore users would likely just build the source themselves.  I would also recommend updating Ubuntu to at least 8.10 as I am unsure if the last version of Wine would be in that repository for 8.04.