[Wine] Black Screen on C&C and Diablo II

GildedFalcon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 6 05:08:58 CDT 2009

Heya!

I'm using Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.30.2, wine 1.1.26.

Installing C&C gold was possible, playing also. But only playing direct after Installation. I then saved my game, everythings perfect. On restarting, I just get a blank screen, don't know why.

Output:

Code:

fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x14ed30,0x14ec68): stub
fixme:d3d_caps:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Received unrecognized GL_VENDOR Tungsten Graphics, Inc. Setting VENDOR_WINE.
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f478,0x00000000), stub!

lspci | grep VGA:

Code:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

The same happens on diablo II, but direct after Installation.

Winecfg: Everythings checked in Graphics section, Pixel Shaders and Hardware Acc doesent matter. All possible combinations checked.

Running in a virtual desktop (window) also does not work. Then the output differs:

Code:

fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x14e9d8,0x14e910): stub
fixme:d3d_caps:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Received unrecognized GL_VENDOR Tungsten Graphics, Inc. Setting VENDOR_WINE.
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f478,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8

Any idea?