[Wine] Re: problem installing Therm 5.2 and cc32inst.exe

djh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 7 05:24:02 CDT 2009

dimesio wrote:
> That version is ancient. Upgrade to the latest development release.

I know it's old but that's the version that comes with the distro on that machine. I prefer to run the distro version because then I get the security updates. If I do have to upgrade, I prefer stable versions rather than bleeding edge versions and FAQ 2.1 also suggests using the latest stable version.

So are you saying that this is a known bug that is not fixed in the stable release but is in the development release? Or is it a totally unknown bug that needs investigation? Or are you just saying the equivalent of the windows support person "have you rebooted the machine?"

Thanks, Dave