[Wine] Re: Sid Meier's Pirates! crashes consistently

peyre wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 7 23:30:34 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> peyre wrote:
> > Ok, so the one I posted isn't enough?
>
> It is, sorry missed it.

Oh!  Ok.  And here I went and generated some more log files...

> I see you have a POS intel integrated card - disable FBO (see OffscreenRenderingMode on http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys ).

HAHAHA!!!  A POS Intel integrated card--guilty as charged.  This is an integrated Intel card, and I have heard they're not the best--"POS" probably isn't much of a stretch.

Funny thing, though.  I followed the directions, but they say to go to HKCU\Software\Wine\Direct3D\OffscreenRenderingMode, but under HKCU\Software\Wine, there is no Direct3D section.  Any ideas?

Here are the log files from a couple games I've played since my original post, if they help:
http://www.geocities.com/navarre840/PiratesLog1.zip
http://www.geocities.com/navarre840/PiratesLog2.zip