[Wine] Steps for accessing network files in wine application

igloo360 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 8 06:02:05 CDT 2009

Tested ok

Steps for accessing network files in wine application.

I have done enough research online but did not get success after more than 48 hours. Finally I found solutions....  :D

steps for getting network share in wine - I use it mainly for dreamweaver

1) start termainal. login as root

su -l root

2) suppose you want to share server(eg 11.0.0.1) machine folder (eg htdocs). you should mount share location at "/mnt/windows". so create folder "windows" at mnt dir

mkdir /mnt/windows

3) now type

mount -t smbfs -o username=Administrator,password=yourPasswordHere //server/folder /mnt/windows

this will work. i have successfully tested !! :) If you still have any issue let me know.

Kunal igloo360

 :D