[Wine] Re: 3D applications fail on Intel GM45

smani wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 8 16:53:19 CDT 2009

I am currently testing with the x-edgers repository from ubuntu (daily builds of mesa / libdrm / xorg drivers / xserver). I encounter the glxbaddrawable issues with any 3D application, usually 9 out of 10 attempts to start a program fail with that error, either immediately or after the first few wine debug lines, i.e.

ALSA lib ../../src/conf.c:2700:(snd_config_hooks_call) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_conf_pulse.so
ALSA lib ../../../src/control/control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL hw:0

(though these messages should be irrelevant concerning this issue).
Anyway, I found these errors appearing both on newer intel chips as well as with the ati opensource driver (the xserver-xorg-video-ati one), the errors do not appear with proprietary ati / nvidia drivers.