[Wine] failed with error 127

skavenger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 9 20:45:06 CDT 2009

Sorry if the answer to this is somewhere obvious I checked the faq and looked around the boards and google and couldn't come up with anything.

I'm using debian squeeze 64 bit.  Wine was working fine for a few days then I must have messed something up.  When I try to do "winecfg" I get...

Code:
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": libuuid.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": libuuid.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": libuuid.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": libuuid.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Unknown error (127).
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Unknown error (127).
err:ole:apartment_createwindowifneeded CreateWindow failed with error 127

This is obviously when I try to run it in the terminal. When I click on the icons in the applications menu nothing happens at all. I've tried removing and installing wine again but that didn't do anything.  Sorry again if this is an obvious answer.