[Wine] program using mdb file

Csikos Bela bcsikos425 at freemail.hu
Mon Aug 10 12:26:00 CDT 2009

Dear list users:

I would like to use a program with wine that operates with microsoft mdb database file.
The program reads from and writes to the database.

A few things about the program:
It works on all versions of MS Windows starting from Windows 98SE.
It is called ORKA and is used by doctors for maintainig  list of and printing prescriptions.
It is available at:
http://www.oep.hu/portal/page?_pageid=35,16868899&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

direct link:
http://www.oep.hu/pls/portal/url/ITEM/58A73A58D94AB1CBE040A8C0CB323A9D

According to the developers it requires only Microsoft Jet 4.0, and for win98, MSXML 4.0.

I was able to install the program and run it using wine. It can read the database, however it seems it can not write to it. Every changes in the data are lost when saved.

I installed in wine (using winetricks) mdac 2.5, mdac 2.7, jet 4.0, dcom98.
I tried different setups but could not make it work.

Please help me with this as I do not want to install MS Windows on my computer.

Thanks in advance,
Bela