[Wine] Ventrilo crash error - related to winecfg error?

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Aug 10 16:37:57 CDT 2009

I have checked the db before posting and I think I have tried everything
listed there.

Using Fedora 11, wine 1.1.20 (newest in their repository except .23).
All sound works - including in Vent until it crashes. Vent starts up, I
can connect to a server, I hear the connection sounds, and then I get a
'had an error, shutting down' box and it crashes.

Running from terminal I get:

ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
such file or directory

Which turns to be the same error I am getting when trying to start winecfg.

Google hasn't been helpful with that error, any ideas?