[Wine] Ventrilo crash error - related to winecfg error?

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Aug 11 11:55:04 CDT 2009

On 08/10/2009 05:41 PM, Austin English wrote:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-31871.html

Thank you.

I tried that and it doesn't work, using it exactly as it says:

install snd_seq_device \
/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd_seq_device; \
/sbin/modprobe snd_seq

I get:

install: unrecognized option '--ignore-install'
Try `install --help' for more information.
bash: snd_seq: command not found

I am not sure if that is because the post is several years old and for a
different distribution or if it has an error in it.

Search for something similar to your link I found this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/14851
which is also old and a different distro but suggests:
(post #5)

Add this line to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base if it is not already present:

     install snd-seq modprobe --ignore-install snd-seq && { modprobe --quiet
snd-seq-midi ; modprobe --quiet snd-seq-oss ; : ; }

If that is not enough then also replace this line:

     install snd-via82xx modprobe --ignore-install snd-via82xx &&
/lib/alsa/modprobe-post-install snd-via82xx

with this (all one one line):

     install snd-via82xx modprobe --ignore-install snd-via82xx && { modprobe
--quiet snd-seq ; /lib/alsa/modprobe-post-install snd-via82xx ; }

When I tried to do that I found that I do not have an
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base or (as suggested in another post there) an
/etc/modprobe.conf

Again, maybe an age/distro issue but I'm still not sure what to try from
here.

I did go ahead and run the distro upgrade of Wine from my 1.1.20 to
1.1.23 to see if that fixed it but it did not, still the same error with
both Vent and winecfg.