[Wine] Re: [SOLVED] C&C Red Alert 3 - Lan (and also hamachi) play

MarcoBR wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 11 15:57:10 CDT 2009

Nice! Now the hack is compiled :D

Unfortunately I can't load it :

Code:
ERROR: ld.so: object '/tmp/bind_hack.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

And it seems I'm not the only one. But almost there!
http://appdb.winehq.org/commentview.php?iAppId=7968&iVersionId=14371&iThreadId=46199

I've googled a bit, and some people were having that with aoss and one mentioned:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/fedora/+source/alsa-oss/+bug/173487

> After a bit more digging it seems like the error is because wine is a 32 bit application and the libaoss is probably not.

If that is right then this is indeed confusing. That would mean that I need the 32bit version of this hack since wine is 32 bit, but since my system is 64bit i won't be able to compile that.

You think I could use an already compiled in 32 bit? I think that wouldn't work.
Also the guy in this topic says that in 64 bit machine he explicitly uses the -m32 to keep it 32 bit.

> 4. Compile this little hack made by Raphael : http://hughes.homelinux.org:8080/~raphael/bind_hack.tar.bz2 . On a 64 bits machine, here's how I compiled this little hack :
> $ cc bind_hack.c -o bind_hack.so -O2 -fPIC -Wall -shared -lc -nostdlib -m32

I hope I'm wrong!

Thanks for the help anyway jorl17, I would give you some tiberium if I could  :)