[Wine] X Error of failed request: BadMatch

NadirDDT wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 14 14:42:03 CDT 2009

Hello!

I have quite recently switched over to Linux and am currently trying to get Sword of the Stars with expansions running with Wine. The installation works flawlessly, but when I try to run the game I get the following output:

Root directory: "C:\Program Files\Sword of the Stars"
Mounting current directory... OK
Mounting sots_local_en.gob... OK
Mounting sots.gob... OK
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  143 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  469

I have tried googling and searching the forum for it but havent really found anything concrete. According to the App Database, the "A Murder of Crows" expansion has gold status and should run without any major problems.

What is even weirder is that when I tried running it as sudo (before reading the manual ;) ) the game started and got into the main game menu, but screwed up the graphics and forced me to restart  X. I have since then completely reinstalled Wine and the game.

I am running 32bit Ubuntu Hardy with proprietary ATI drivers and Wine 1.1.27.
My hardware in short is an AMD X2 3600 and ATI Radeon X1950 (which is why I am using Hardy and not Jaunty).

Any ideas? What kind of logs or info do you need?