[Wine] Re: Printing from wine problem - loosing my hair

ogardarsson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 16 11:21:53 CDT 2009

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> Does mean you are using a text-only system or that you're using a different desktop, e.g KDE or XFCE?

I have XFCE installed on this particular server but not Gnome. Basically I'm not using the XFCE desktop except for admin testing. It's general use will be GUI applications delivered using X11 to the users, including Win applications running under Wine emulation. Only problem is the printing from Wine. Printing from native Linux apps is fine.

I have a number of other Ubuntu servers in VPS and on dedicated hardware. All running Gnome and some have XCFE4 and KDE also. None of them have any problems with pringing in Wine, just this one server that I'm trying to avoid installing Gnome on. Maybe I should just install it and remove it later. I just don't know how it will go with the removal. Will I have a ton of libraries and stuff taking up space? I guess I should test removing it on a test copy of a VPS to see how goes.

Martin[/quote]