[Wine] Will WINE help me get the internet on Puppy Linux?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 18 13:55:33 CDT 2009

>I'm currently trying to swap a very old computer over to Puppy Linux so that it will work better. Puppy installed
>fine and is working beautifully and i have no problems except that I can't get the Internet to work.
>

>3g Dongel HUAWEI Model:E160g
>
>This dongel contains software for windows and mac that automatically installs, (actually it doesn't even work
>properly on mac, but that's not important)  but it's not supported on linux

If the dongle shows up as a physical hard drive on Windows, then you might get it to work.  If it does not show as a drive, then Wine will not support it as Wine is produced.  You might have luck building your own version of Wine with USB device support.  There is a description on the process on the Wine Wiki.

James McKenzie