[Wine] Re: Issues with ATI?

Tord wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 18 17:33:46 CDT 2009

David Gerard wrote:
> 2009/8/18 James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>:
> ... so next year they should be a lot better, even if they're less than ideal right now ;-)

Yeah... the thing is that my laptop died 3 weeks ago and my desktop has overall rather old components and a broken graphics card. My desktop still "works" but I have a crap lot of graphical bugs like my cursor just being a cloud of pixels.
I don't really have until next year. I need something right now.
But as I said. I'll just go with a nVidia card but it means that I'll have to do a little research. I find it much easier to pick an appropriate ATI card (hd 4850/4870 would have been nice).