[Wine] Application throws lots of errors

jcobban wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 18 22:57:05 CDT 2009

I am running an old version of Family Tree Maker for Windows (the current version does not work at all under Wine).  Most functions work OK, but a few things just hang, requiring me to kill the app.

If I run the program from a terminal session I get a lot of warning messages.  I was hoping someone could explain to me what these messages mean.  The complete message log is at http://www.jamescobban.net/wineerrors.txt.  It starts off:

jcobban at jcobban-desktop:~$ wine "/home/jcobban/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/FTW/Ftw.exe"
fixme:storage:StorageImpl_Commit (0x191268 1): stub
fixme:storage:StorageImpl_Commit (0x191268 1): stub
fixme:storage:StorageImpl_Commit (0x191268 1): stub
fixme:storage:StorageImpl_Commit (0x191268 1): stub
err:storage:BlockChainStream_WriteAt not enough blocks in chain to write data